Tuesday 12 April 2016

Makeup Haul | Feel Unique & MAC

Feel unique is a website that I've heard about but I never really looked on until I was given a 15% off voucher, so I was intrigued and decided to take a look. It is filled with pages and pages of makeup heaven, with hundreds of brands, so if you are looking for somewhere to browse for makeup I definitely recommend Feel Unique (not sponsored, I promise!).





The first thing I purchased was a new foundation, as this was the main reason I was buying makeup in the first place. I was previously using the beloved Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, but instead of repurchasing that I thought I would try something new and recently I had heard a lot about the new bourjois city radiance foundation. I have tried this foundation a couple of times now and I agree it is lovely, the colour is a perfect match to my skin (02 vanilla) and it is a good coverage foundation, I'd say medium coverage! So if you are looking for a new foundation I would recommend. It is priced at £9.99. 


The next makeup product was the l'oreal infallible fixing mist, I decided to purchase this as I have wanted the urban decay setting spray for months, but I could not bring myself to spend £22 on it, so I decided to try and find a cheaper alternative and I have heard a lot about this from other girls blogs and youtube that I thought I'd try it out. I have used it for a couple of days and can definitely notice a difference in how my makeup lasts throughout the day, however, this does give a matte finish to your face so if you're more into a dewy look then I wouldn't recommend this for you! This is considerably cheaper than the urban decay one as it only £7.99.


I did, however, decide to buy the urban decay primer potion (original) as I have also wanted to buy this for years, but yet the £16 has put me off, however, I decided to just treat myself and purchase it as I have tried a sample in the past and fell in love with it, and no other has compared. It helps keep your eyeshadow on all day and without a crease in sight. 


With an order a while ago from boohoo or missguided, one of the two. I received a code that meant I was able to get a makeup brush set worth £24 for free, so I couldn't pass up on that offer. It is the U Luxe Feel Unique brush set it comes with four brushes. I was most interested in the contour brush, which is super soft and a great brush, however, the brushes do appear to look quite cheap but for free they are decent quality. 





The final thing I got was from MAC, a brand I usually stay away from due to testing on animals, however, there have been many debates on whether MAC actually tests on animals or not and I don't know what to believe. However, I have been looking at the MAC soft and gentle highlighter for years, as Sprinkle of Glitter used to swear by it, and as my other highlighter was running out I decided to again treat myself and I do not regret it, it is such a beautiful highlighter.  This highlighter does cost £24, but it worth every penny. It also came with a free sample of the prep + prime face primer by MAC, which I am yet to try but will definitely let you know if I like it in a future post.


So that is everything makeup related that I have bought recently and I hope you enjoyed reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment